Monday, September 21, 2009

3rd Time Is The Charm

Remember I posted a link about the Williams Sonoma cookie cake pan that I was so stoked about? Well, my mother-in-law was cute enough to gift it to me - I could hardly contain myself when the package arrived at my doorstep.
However, I made the decision to NOT follow the directions as stated on the package and take a "shortcut", I sprayed the pans with Pam and whipped up a cake mix. It was a messy disaster.
About a week later I decided to try again, this time by following the package directions - almost. I didn't take the word "generous" seriously enough when referring to the amount of shortening that needs to be applied - and cake stuck in every crack and crevice.
So about a week after THAT, I got out my pastry brush and took about 15 minutes to brush shortening over every speck of each pan, and made sure I dusted it with enough cocoa powder so that no part of the pan was showing. I measured the temp in the oven and baked it a little longer than necessary and...voila!!
A giant cookie filled with a simple vanilla buttercream, but I think next time I'm going to fill it with ICE CREAM!! probably mint chocolate chip.

5 comments:

Steve and Kathy said...

Ahhhhh...perfection. It couldn't be more beautiful. I at least, think it was worth all the trial and error. You are a master baker!
Yummmmmm, mint chocolate chip!

Amy said...

Beautiful Kristen! and the picture isn't too bad either! I probably would've given up after the 1st try. ::giggling::

Melissa said...

It looks so good. I'm impressed that you kept trying. But aren't you glad you did. I like the ice cream idea.

The Martin Family said...

Can I have a bite? It looks awesome. I love how you are always trying new things.

Trainer Momma said...

What do I hear? Angels singing in the heavens!!! That is gorgeous and when you put ice cream in the middle, I WANT TO BE THERE. That looks so good!